Different fabrics require different finishing techniques, but this is my absolute favorite. And best of all, it requires only a straight stitch from a basic machine! Continue Reading
Tag Archives: seam finishes
The Britex Blog
September 12, 2013 by Lilacs & LaceHello everyone! I am back with a tutorial on finishing edges with Hug Snug Rayon Seam Binding from Britex Fabrics, and will be using this rose strewn soft and sheer cotton/silk voile fabric from Britex Fabrics.
March 2, 2010 by Britex Fabrics
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO FALL 2010
- Get tips on working on some of the new fabrics: stretch wovens, microfibers, knits, boiled wool, sheers, tulle, silks, stretch moleskin, vinyl shearling and more.
- Learn when and how to underline.
- Learn how to make bias cuts work for you as well as how to prevent drag lines on seams and make invisible hems.
- Get the lowdown on appropriate seam and hem finishes for a variety of different fabrics.
- Learn how to insert flawless invisible zippers.
Sandra Betzina, host of the Power Sewing WebTV Show, is a world-renowned sewing instructor. Sandra is the author of More Fabric Savvy, Fast Fit, Power Sewing Step-by-Step, Sandra Sews for the Home and No Time to Sew. She has produced a skill series of 11 DVDs and also designs a full line of patterns for Vogue under the Today’s Fit Tab. Sandra is also a popular speaker and hosts several week-long sewing retreats in San Francisco throughout the year. For more information about Sandra Betzina, the Power Sewing WebTV Show and her books and patterns visit www.powersewing.com.