Melody, from Britex Fabrics’ 2nd floor, constructed this beautiful quilt as a gift for one of our much loved employees who is at home recovering from illness. Melody even industriously organized four floors of employees so that they could add personal messages. We are all hoping that we’ll see our sick co-worker bouncingly back at work soon!
Tag Archives: quilt
The Britex Blog
March 18, 2011 by Britex Fabrics
October 27, 2010 by Britex Fabrics
Susan made this wall hanging for Mel from colorful Kona cotton from Britex Fabric’s 2nd floor. The coloring is Amish-inspired and piecing patterns include the old-fashioned Pinwheel. Susan is a member of the San Francisco Quilters Guild. We love the all the berry, plum and purple colors, combined with the underwater blues!
August 17, 2010 by Britex Fabrics
Patricia made this colorful quilt from Britex cottons for a friend’s birthday. Her friend loves vibrant colors, and this fills the bill! I love the floating hot-air balloons, the orange giraffe silhouettes, and how the striped fabric brings all the colors together. These quilting cottons can be found on Britex Fabric’s 2nd floor.
June 18, 2010 by Britex Fabrics
We adore Liberty of London! Melody made this gorgeous 2 ½ yard long, patchwork scarf out of over 30 Liberty of London cotton lawn prints. Every type of Liberty print is represented, from swirling paisleys, to dainty florals, to charming conversationals. Each patchwork piece is 2 ¾”, and the entire scarf is double-faced. It is for sale on Britex Fabric's 2nd floor ($225)
February 10, 2010 by Britex Fabrics
Quilter and Britex worker, Melody, made this Amish quilt wall hanging just in time for the De Young exhibit, Amish Abstractions: Quilts from the Collection of Faith and Stephen Brown. The pattern is Flying Geese, with feather design quilting, and made of Britex Fabrics Japanese ombre cottons. Currently it is being displayed at Britex. Coming soon: Melody is working on an Instructable in how to make a Flying Geese wall hanging!
October 9, 2009 by Britex Fabrics
October 15 - 18, 2009
Pacific International Quilt Festival XVIII
Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California
A spectacular collection of over 800 quilts and works of wearable and textile art including a 300 booth Merchants Mall offering everything for the quilter, artist and home sewer.
- World Quilt Competition: On Tour - Summer 2009
- New Quilts of Northern California
- Some of My Favorite Art Quilts - Presented by Priscilla Bianchi, Guatemala
- Kawaii - Presented by Yoshiko Katagiri, Japan
- Nine Patch Media Quilts - Presented by Sharon Pederson, Canada
- Viva Venezia! - Presented by Christine Porter, England
- ARTifact - Presented by AQuA, the Art Quilt Association
- Liz Berg - One Woman Show
- Does Size Matter? A Textile Conversation - Central Coast Textile Artists
- The Garden Quilts
- Linda Hibbert: One Woman Show
- Metamorphosis presented by The Signature Art Quilters
- Noble Seasons - Spring 2009: Springing Forward
- Orchids, Orchids, Orchids - Professional Art Quilters Alliance
- Piecing with Pixels - Sandy Hart and Gudny Campbell
- Quilters Treasure Challenge 2009
- Unfettered Letters - Quilts on the Wall: Fiber Artists
- Vintage Revisited: Curated by Mary Kerr.