Hi everyone! Sophie, from Ada Spragg here, with my first contribution as a Britex guest blogger! To say I'm excited is an understatement. Today's post is pure inspiration but I also hope to take some of the fear out of sewing silk so you too can DIY yourself a pair of gourmet silk pleated pants! Britex has a jaw-droppingly beautiful selection of silk solid fabrics that would be perfect for this project and I couldn't resist this 'gleaming emerald green silk charmeuse'. I've been wanting in on this pleated pants trend and hunting around for a good pattern for while. This one, the Antoinette pants by Style Arc, with its pleated details, hidden pockets and tapered leg is just what I had in mind.
April 9, 2014 by Lilacs & Lace
February 24, 2014 by Lilacs & Lace
March 2, 2010 by Britex Fabrics
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO FALL 2010
- Get tips on working on some of the new fabrics: stretch wovens, microfibers, knits, boiled wool, sheers, tulle, silks, stretch moleskin, vinyl shearling and more.
- Learn when and how to underline.
- Learn how to make bias cuts work for you as well as how to prevent drag lines on seams and make invisible hems.
- Get the lowdown on appropriate seam and hem finishes for a variety of different fabrics.
- Learn how to insert flawless invisible zippers.
Sandra Betzina, host of the Power Sewing WebTV Show, is a world-renowned sewing instructor. Sandra is the author of More Fabric Savvy, Fast Fit, Power Sewing Step-by-Step, Sandra Sews for the Home and No Time to Sew. She has produced a skill series of 11 DVDs and also designs a full line of patterns for Vogue under the Today’s Fit Tab. Sandra is also a popular speaker and hosts several week-long sewing retreats in San Francisco throughout the year. For more information about Sandra Betzina, the Power Sewing WebTV Show and her books and patterns visit www.powersewing.com.