Hello! Nicole at Home, here. Even with the onset of colder weather in California, I’ve not wanted to give up on wearing dresses. But tights with dresses, and the static that clings them together, make me completely crazy. So, with an opportunity to use some of Britex’s beautiful silks, I just had to make a slip. Click here to read more »
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO FALL 2010
- Get tips on working on some of the new fabrics: stretch wovens, microfibers, knits, boiled wool, sheers, tulle, silks, stretch moleskin, vinyl shearling and more.
- Learn when and how to underline.
- Learn how to make bias cuts work for you as well as how to prevent drag lines on seams and make invisible hems.
- Get the lowdown on appropriate seam and hem finishes for a variety of different fabrics.
- Learn how to insert flawless invisible zippers.
Sandra Betzina, host of the Power Sewing WebTV Show, is a world-renowned sewing instructor. Sandra is the author of More Fabric Savvy, Fast Fit, Power Sewing Step-by-Step, Sandra Sews for the Home and No Time to Sew. She has produced a skill series of 11 DVDs and also designs a full line of patterns for Vogue under the Today’s Fit Tab. Sandra is also a popular speaker and hosts several week-long sewing retreats in San Francisco throughout the year. For more information about Sandra Betzina, the Power Sewing WebTV Show and her books and patterns visit www.powersewing.com.