For an extra-special version of the lovely Myrtle dress by Colette Patterns, I used the most incredible stretch silk from Britex (unfortunately no longer available). I washed and dried the fabric (on gentle and low heat) and it looks just as good as it did when before pre-washing. The stretch is significant and the fabric has an easy-to-sew texture and weight. It's a gorgeous fabric and was a pleasure to sew.
Since the Myrtle dress cowl is a little too deep of a drape for my bust measurements, I reduced the drape and posted a handy tutorial!
Since the fabric isn't quite as stretchy as a knit, I finished the back neckline and armholes with purchased bias binding. The hem was sewn with my narrow rolled edge foot.
I love that the dress is dressy enough for any dinner date I might be fortunate enough to have (especially in Northern California), yet I could definitely pull it off for teaching (with a lab coat for messy labs, of course!).
I can definitely see more of these dresses in my future!