Noppa’s Sewing Club made a reversible waterproof jacket for her speckled pooch, and then shared her tutorial and pattern. We think Janet Sobel would sew her dog a dapper raincoat from this drip painting influenced nylon water repellent fabric from Britex Fabrics. Oh, how marvelously chic it will be to bark and frolic in the rain!
Some of us at Britex are très sportif, and some of us are not, but all of us are shivering and damp with the latest spate of winter rain. We can recite “Rain rain go away, Come again another day” all we like, but we might as well resign ourselves to paddling away like little soaking wet, fashionable ducks! Britex Fabrics can help though; we carry a range of outdoor wear fabrics. Here is a pair of elastic waist coated cotton, water repellent pants that Secretary made to keep her toasty and dry (notice the charming waistband lining detailing.) And here is a list of sportif fabrics, along with their properties, that can be found on Britex Fabric’s 4th floor.
- Polartec fleece (for very cold weather)
- Windpro fleece (for very windy cold weather)
- Microfleece (for underlayers or moderate weather)
- Coated Rip-stop (water proof)
- Waterproof Polartec Windblock (3 in one)
- Stretch Windblock soft shell (great for activities with a lot of movement like rock climbing)
- 1000 denier Cordura – DWR coated (DWR – Durable Water Repellent)
- Neoprene in 2.0 and 3.0 mm (for wetsuits)
- Wikaway pique and other light weight knits