Seminar by Sandra Betzina at Britex Fabrics – Working with Intimidating Fabrics
Thursday, September 2nd
6:30 pm-8:30 pm
8:30 pm-9:30 pm (fabric consultation w/Sandra and shopping)
Get tips on working with exciting yet intimidating fabrics: silk jersey, sequined fabric, wool jersey, silk chiffon, wool tweeds, double-faced wool, boucles and textures.
*How to underline
*How to prevent drag lines when making bias cuts
*How to seam and hem different fabrics
*How to insert flawless invisible zippers
Call Judy or Steph at Britrex Monday -Saturday 10 – 6 to sign-up, 415-392-2910. Please have credit your card handy for payment information. Class is $45 and is non-refundable. You may also register at the store, where cash and checks are acceptable. Registration limited, so sign up by Aug. 27th. For more information about Sandra Betzina, the Power Sewing WebTV Show and her books and patterns visit Power Sewing WebTV Show.
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO FALL 2010
- Get tips on working on some of the new fabrics: stretch wovens, microfibers, knits, boiled wool, sheers, tulle, silks, stretch moleskin, vinyl shearling and more.
- Learn when and how to underline.
- Learn how to make bias cuts work for you as well as how to prevent drag lines on seams and make invisible hems.
- Get the lowdown on appropriate seam and hem finishes for a variety of different fabrics.
- Learn how to insert flawless invisible zippers.
Sandra Betzina, host of the Power Sewing WebTV Show, is a world-renowned sewing instructor. Sandra is the author of More Fabric Savvy, Fast Fit, Power Sewing Step-by-Step, Sandra Sews for the Home and No Time to Sew. She has produced a skill series of 11 DVDs and also designs a full line of patterns for Vogue under the Today’s Fit Tab. Sandra is also a popular speaker and hosts several week-long sewing retreats in San Francisco throughout the year. For more information about Sandra Betzina, the Power Sewing WebTV Show and her books and patterns visit www.powersewing.com.