Britex Fabrics and Sandra Betzina team up again! Sandra will be presenting her amazing fitting seminar on Tuesday, April 5, 2011 from 7 pm to 9:30 pm! Call Britex Fabrics at 415-392-2910 to make your reservation. Space is limited, and the cost for the seminar is $60.
Are you often disappointed in the fit of your garments? Confused about what size to buy? Have you outgrown your old size in one area and not another? Are you intimidated by good fabric because you are afraid of yet another fit failure? Let Sandra Betzina explain her fit formula and how it will work for you!
- Lots of new pattern alterations, including altering the bust without affecting the armhole, downsizing for the short, upsizing for the tall, and high hip considerations.
- Learn how sizing differs from one pattern company to another, what size to buy, how to alter for narrow shoulders, full back, sloping shoulders, full hips, protruding or flat seat, full tummy, large waist, small waist, sway back, and more.
- Turn pant “hopefuls” into a thing of the past.
- Eliminate baggy seats, pockets and pleats that pop open, accommodate full thighs, and reshape crotch curves to mimic your body curves.
Power Sewing Toolbox: this workshop by Sanda Betzina is on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 between 7 pm and 9 pm. The cost is $60 per student. Call Britex Fabrics at (415) 392-2910, or visit us at 146 Geary Street in San Francisco to sign-up. Our hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm. Enrollment space in this class is very limited, so reserve your spot early! This two hour class is full of tips and techniques the patterns don’t tell you, but essential to a quality looking finished product. No longer will you be intimidated by mitered bindings, fringe detailing, classy seam embellishments, welt pockets and buttonholes, neckline bindings for round and V necklines, and truly invisible zippers. In addition, you will learn techniques for lining knit pants, T-shirts in stretch mesh and zippers hidden in pockets. Feel your sewing savvy soar from a C to an A+ as you learn new tricks of the sewing trade.
Last week’s seminar on sewing with intimidating fabrics, and presented by Sandra Betzina went swimmingly. It was a privilege to have someone with Sandra’s knowledge and depth of skill instructing us. Sandra covered working with some of our favorite fall and winter fabrics including luscious Missoni knits, stylish wool knits, and gossamer imported laces. Britex Fabrics plans on continuing with additional workshops and seminars. Please let us know if there is a particular topic or presenter that interests you.
Seminar by Sandra Betzina at Britex Fabrics – Working with Intimidating Fabrics
Thursday, September 2nd
6:30 pm-8:30 pm
8:30 pm-9:30 pm (fabric consultation w/Sandra and shopping)
Get tips on working with exciting yet intimidating fabrics: silk jersey, sequined fabric, wool jersey, silk chiffon, wool tweeds, double-faced wool, boucles and textures.
*How to underline
*How to prevent drag lines when making bias cuts
*How to seam and hem different fabrics
*How to insert flawless invisible zippers
Call Judy or Steph at Britrex Monday -Saturday 10 – 6 to sign-up, 415-392-2910. Please have credit your card handy for payment information. Class is $45 and is non-refundable. You may also register at the store, where cash and checks are acceptable. Registration limited, so sign up by Aug. 27th. For more information about Sandra Betzina, the Power Sewing WebTV Show and her books and patterns visit Power Sewing WebTV Show.
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO FALL 2010
- Get tips on working on some of the new fabrics: stretch wovens, microfibers, knits, boiled wool, sheers, tulle, silks, stretch moleskin, vinyl shearling and more.
- Learn when and how to underline.
- Learn how to make bias cuts work for you as well as how to prevent drag lines on seams and make invisible hems.
- Get the lowdown on appropriate seam and hem finishes for a variety of different fabrics.
- Learn how to insert flawless invisible zippers.
Sandra Betzina, host of the Power Sewing WebTV Show, is a world-renowned sewing instructor. Sandra is the author of More Fabric Savvy, Fast Fit, Power Sewing Step-by-Step, Sandra Sews for the Home and No Time to Sew. She has produced a skill series of 11 DVDs and also designs a full line of patterns for Vogue under the Today’s Fit Tab. Sandra is also a popular speaker and hosts several week-long sewing retreats in San Francisco throughout the year. For more information about Sandra Betzina, the Power Sewing WebTV Show and her books and patterns visit www.powersewing.com.