• ½ yard 1” wide stretch sequined trim
• 1/8 yard ostrich feathers
• 1 large decorative rhinestone or appliqué
• Needle and thread
1. Sew the stretch trim end to end, overlapping ends slightly.
2. Fold the feathers in half twice so that they form a shorter, thicker bundle.
3. Sew the feathers together at the bottom, and tack them over the seam, covering it.
4. Sew the decorative rhinestone or appliqué over the feather end & headband seam.
5. Now you are well on the way to becoming the cat’s whiskers. Shimmy into a frock, pull up your silk stockings, get all dolled up, hussy on down to the Fairmont Hotel, and Bunny Hug the night away to the “Memphis Blues “.
Thanks to Tina from New York for sending us this fabulous photo of her granddaughter Alora wearing a “Dorothy” pinafore in her school’s production of The Wizard of Oz. Tina made this with Britex’s 100% Italian cotton gingham. She adjusted the neckline and bodice of Simplicity #4136, and then backed the fabric with lightweight cotton to provide the additional body required in stage garments. Tina did a great sewing job!
Liza created this wondrous aqua fur coat for Burning Man. She used Butterick 4317 (a men’s Colonial costume.)
She wrote that “Every inch of that coat, pattern, thread, rhinestones and fabric, is ala Britex!!!” We adore the sparkling detailing on the shawl collar!